Acuvue Oasys $11/box, 57% off Vision Direct when using Discover + FS + rebate – existing customers okay
It has been quite sometime since we have posted a deal for Vision Direct (VisionDirect.com). I have ordered contacts from them for the past eight years. They are part of drugstore.com which is now owned by Walgreens. Their regular price per box has gone down because they now get to use Luxxotica’s wholesale pricing.
Also, this deal is specifically not just for new customers, but it does require Discover as your payment method. Of course, it might be YMMV if you don’t do it right or the companies involved change the way they process and credit the transactions.
If you want any additional mfr rebate, you typically must have a recent eye exam done. In most cases, you should have an eye exam annually if you wear contacts daily or have other related health condition.
$1.99 processing fee and sales tax in CT, IL, NV, NJ, PA, WA, and CA. Free shipping on all orders over $99.
Step 1: Ensure you are registered for the 5% Discover online shopping Q4 bonus. Link to register for 5% quarterly bonus
If the bonus does not post within 2 billing cycles, you will need to ask for it. Based on the television commercials, this merchant should count and is listed as a mail-order merchant (old school flag) on Discover’s side, but it does not appear to post immediately.
Step 2: Start At ShopDiscover to qualify for 15% CashBack. Link to start Vision Direct shopping via ShopDiscover
Step 3: Find the items you want. Remember, buying a year supply often qualifies you for an extra instant discount. For 6 pack disposables, this is 8 boxes (4 for each eye).
Step 4: Apply coupon code: VISA20 (for all customers, does not appear to enforce Visa card usage)
Step 5: Get your rebate (if applicable)
Acuvue: http://www.acuvue.com/buying-rebates (now valid through 3/31/2013)
Ciba Vision/Novartis/Air Optix: http://www.airoptix.com/rebate/index.shtml
Ciba Vision/Novartis/Dailies: http://www.dailies.com/rebate/
Step 6: You may have out of network reimbursement options from your vision insurance. It is almost always better to purchase your contacts out of network and submit a claim than from a contracted provider. If you have a national insurance company, almost all of those policies are written by just a handful of outsourced companies:
Typically you get reimbursed $85 to $150 on contacts (every 12 months) depending on the benefit plan. It is okay to use a contracted provider for a low cost eye exam and buy your contacts elsewhere (take the paper with the prescription).
Step 7: You also get 5% of your order as a drugstore.com credit. Combine with Shoprunner and get something for close to free if you like. The 5% can be stacked with other promotions (instant coupons typically).
Example of Acuvue Oasys net price (in a non-sales tax state) with eight boxes (to get the full mfr rebate) and no insurance claim:
$25.99 per box – 207.92
8 box discount – 23.00 (instant)
20% coupon – 36.98 (instant) VISA20 – enter on shopping basket page. No stacking any other entered codes.
Processing fee – 1.99 (free shipping)
Total Out of pocket – 149.93 (before rebates or Cash Back bonuses)
Discover 15% – 22.19 (15% of 147.94 product amount). Reported 1 week after ship. Usable after next statement.
Discover 5% – 7.50 (5% of 149.93 total amount). Reported and usable within 2 billing cycles.
drugstore.com 5% – 7.40 (5% of 147.94 product amount). Usable during January 2013 for Q42012 purchases.
Acuvue rebate – 25.00 (non-new wearer rebate – comes as Visa prepaid card)
Total cost after all offers (excluding tax and exam costs): 87.84 (10.98 per box)
I have compared this price with Luxxotica-ran stores and other promos (Walgreens evergreen 20% off contacts) and this works out cheaper. It might be cheaper to find a deal using PM, but most PMs are difficult because you lose out on other incentives (via click tracking and such).
Southwest Airlines 40% off sale
Promo code BIGDEAL40
Book by Thursday.
Fly between 11/28/12 – 12/12/12 and/or 1/7/13 – 2/14/13
Terms and Conditions
- The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive 40 percent discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below.
- Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PT on Oct. 11, 2012, for travel between Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Day of week and City Pair exclusions include:
- Travel to/from Ft. Myers, FL
- Blackout Dates include travel to/from the following airports:
- New Orleans flights from Jan. 17 through Jan.21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Las Vegas flights Jan. 10 through Jan 14, 2013, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Washington Reagan National (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore-Washington (BWI) Jan. 17 through Jan. 23, 2013.
- 40 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
- Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
- Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points.
- Discount is not valid on Jackpot or Southwest Vacation package deals.